Thursday, December 31, 2009

Retro Flashback: Swanson T.V. Dinners A 1950's Favorite Are Back in The Kitchen

Re-Launching Swanson T.V. Dinners

Did you know that Swanson T.V. Dinners were brought back in January 2007. Let's be clear...its not that Swanson just found back stock of their 1950's dinners and took them out of the deep freeze....no...what I mean is that the company re-launched their classic dinners.

Swanson T.V. Dinner Introduced in 1953

Let me re-fresh your memory. Swanson T.V. Dinners came out in 1953 at the same time as Americans were watching T.V.in technicolor. My three favorite dinners were (1) Fried chicken (2) Roast turkey (3) Macaroni and Cheese. I was also a big fan of the Chicken Pot Pies.

To this day whenever I serve frozen mixed vegetables to my family I automatically have a flashback to the Turkey Swanson T.V. dinner's unique aluminum foil package. I remember as if it was yesterday.... carefully peeling back the tin foil cover and exposing the vegetables, turkey and mash potatoes which were organized so nicely in that iconic aluminum tray. Those mash potatoes were pretty good as I remember.
Swanson Classic T.V. Dinners included:

Boneless Fried Chicken
Boneless Pork
Breaded Fish Fillet
Fried Chicken Strips
Macaroni and cheese
Meat Loaf
Macaroni Style Fiesta
Roasted Carved turkey
Salisbury Steak


C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of Iantiqueonline.com an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.

To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link:
C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff

Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com

Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com

Dianne is a member of:
The American Society of Journalists and Authors
The Authors Guild, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis