Friday, January 7, 2011

Hanging Vintage Kitchen Towels Across A Tension Rod In Your Kitchen Window

Retro Hang Up: Displaying Vintage Kitchen Towels

I know my vintage linen collectors will cringe over this idea, but my friend Peter who owns Tree House Antiques & Art on Route 44 in New Hartford, CT. ran a tension rod in his side window and hung not so precious kitchen towels on the rod.

I can just hear my friend Elaine (former owner of The Plantsville General Store) now a dealer at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT. (down the road from Peter) tell me to be careful about the sun fading out textiles in the window. I still think this is a cute idea!

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this same thing done with a lightweight rope and clothespins, looking like laundry hanging to dry.
    CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis