Friday, December 9, 2011

Cozy Vintage Holiday Cabin Decor And Collectibles At Queen Anne Antiques in Canton, CT.

Holiday Shopping At Queen Anne Antiques, Canton, CT

Right now Queen Anne Antiques in Canton, CT. is on the top of my good find list after I discovered a turquoise blue 1950s foot rest there a few weeks ago. This Mid Century treasure was purchased for my art studio at The Farmington Valley Art Center in Avon, CT.

Turquoise 1950's Foot Stool?

I know it is hard to believe that you would find a hip vinyl turquoise stool at a place called Queen Anne Antiques, but that is typical of this small, tucked away popular antique shop. One often finds odds and ends that don't always seem to belong in this shop.

Styles Your Will Find At Queen Anne Antiques

At one time, April was on a kitchen collectibles kick and of course that is what attracted me to her store. But as I have explained to you before, April goes in and out of phases. Currently, aside from the fact that she allowed a 1950s hassock into the store, April 's store has no resemblance to the Atomic Era or any era for that matter that I can figure out.

From Global To Cabin Style: It's All There

A few months ago, I wrote about her "Global Style" when she seemed to have an awful lot of African masks and carved pieces keeping company with textiles from here, there and everywhere. But now most of her East meets West stuff seems to be gone.

April Is Full Of Surprises At Queen Anne Antiques


So what is April currently collecting for the store? I guess I would have to say, cozy holiday cabin style collectibles and decor. But hurry over there, because I have no idea, what the place will look like in a week or two. Let me know what you find.

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©.To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.comVisit my website, CDianneZweig.comDianne is a member of:The American Society of Journalists and AuthorsThe Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis