Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Craigslist Connection": A Group Forum For Buyers And Sellers Of Antiques And Collectibles On Craigslist

Spotting Antiques And Collectibles On Craigslist

Often I get an idea for my site I Antique Online.com in what I call a flash of creativity. As far as I know there is no conscious thought about a particular idea when I am in the midst of a sudden burst of creative energy.

Case in point is my recent flip  decision to add yet another group forum to I Antique Online.com called "Craigslist Connection". What I was thinking was that it would be great to have the power of over 9000 members browsing the antique and collectibles section of  Craigslist to share great finds with other members of IAO.

So I started the group and with hours the buzz throughout the site was amazing. The group instructions were that a member could post something they spotted on  any of  the many  Craigslists copying and pasting the title, date and LINK.

"Craigslist Connection" Popular Group  Forum

So the group was up and running and members added their own twist to the group as well. Some of the members began showing us pictures of "bargains" they actually bought on  Craigslist. So that now the group is a place to share items that may be of interest to a social network of antique and  collectibles buyers and sellers as well as a place to drool over missed  opportunities.

 To learn more about the images shown, visit "Craigslist Connection Group" 

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro cafĂ©. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis