Friday, January 4, 2013

Vintage Polks Dots: Retro Lovers Living In A Dotted World

 The Art Of Polka Dots

Carole King Juniors, 1957I am so delighted with my Pinterest.com board called "Retro Polka Dots" that I wanted to share with you some of the fab photos and images that I have pinned to the board. When I first started the board, I thought I would limit my polka dots to kitchen collectibles with "dots". But the board grew and grew to include dotted fashion, accessories, textiles, toys, cards, furniture and more.


Retro Polka Dots

Paperdoll girlMy Retro Polks Dot board also expanded to show dots of all sizes and graphic styles which exploited polka dots in so many ways. I am particularly excited about the color combinations and compositions of many of the images collected.

Beyond Kitchen Collectibles With Polka Dots

While the original intent of  my  Retro Polka Dot Pinterest.com board was to follow the dots over the decades, I have also found the pinning of these images to help me think about the art of the polka dot.
Hope you enjoy a peak of my polka dots.  To see the entire gallery, please visit http://pinterest.com/kitschnstuff/retro-polka-dots/

Top photo http://coutureallure.blogspot.co.nz/2011/10/vintage-full-skirted-dresses-1957.html
Bottom photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22864665@N06/6078801939/

Thewse photos were pinned to my  Pinterest board byother addicted pinners.You are welcome to follow the pinning teail by visiting http://pinterest.com/kitschnstuff/retro-polka-dots/

C. Dianne Zweig is the author of Hot Kitchen & Home Collectibles of the 30s, 40s, 50s and Hot Cottage Collectibles for Vintage Style Homes. She is also the Editor of I Antique Online an actively growing internet based resource community for people who buy, sell or collect antiques, collectibles and art. You can find Dianne’s fabulous retro and vintage kitchen, home and cottage collectibles at The Collinsville Antiques Company of New Hartford, CT, a 22,000 feet antique emporium with an in-house retro café. To read more articles by C. Dianne Zweig click on this link: C. Dianne Zweig’s Blog Kitsch ‘n Stuff Email me at dianne@cdiannezweig.com Visit my website, CDianneZweig.com Dianne is a member of: The American Society of Journalists and Authors The Society of Professional Journalists

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis